Environmental charity Surfers Against Sewage is this year running its biggest-ever Christmas Raffle, aiming to raise £20,000 to help protect our oceans and beaches from pollution, marine litter and over-development.
There are some incredible prizes to won, including beautiful hand-crafted surf boards, a hotel break, £2,000 to spend at King of Watersports and a year’s supply of green electricity. There are also great incentives for people who sell the most raffle tickets. The person who sells the most will win a luxury eco-break for two with food at the Bedruthan Hotel and Spa, and the next three people who sell the most tickets will each receive a Penny skateboard! For full details and to buy tickets please visit www.sas.org.uk.
Surfers Against Sewage is focused on the protection of the UK’s oceans, waves and beaches for all to access, use and enjoy safely and sustainably, via campaigning, volunteering, conservation, education and scientific research. Recent projects that the raffle funding will help expand on in 2014 include:
- • Mobilising & training over 4,000 community beach clean volunteers to help combat the marine litter crisis
• Providing real-time sewage pollution alerts at 250 beaches to protect the health of surfers, families and recreational water users
• Removing over 12 tonnes of marine litter from the UK coastline
• Securing new legislation to drastically reduce plastic bags littering the environment
• Training & leading a team of 50 Regional Reps nationwide
• Delivering the ‘Seas For Life’ education programme schools across Cornwall & the Isles of Scilly
• Delivering over 55,000 Protect Our Waves petition signatures to No.10 Downing Street to engage politicians with better protecting the UK coastline
Every penny raised will go towards Surfers Against Sewage’s ongoing campaigns & education projects protecting UK waves, oceans and beaches.
If you are interested in buying or selling raffle tickets please contact Laura on 01872 553001 or [email protected]